As your fearless Customer Success Manager, I receive each and every email you send to firstname.lastname@example.org. We’ve had a lot of great questions come in this week that might not be common knowledge, so I wanted to dedicate this post to publicly answering some of the recurring questions that I’ve been asked regarding your Perfect Audience account.
1. Does the trailing / matter when creating a path type Retargeting List or Conversion Goal?
Yes! When creating your Retargeting Lists or Conversion Goals, make sure you enter the exact path the user would visit on your site. For example, you might have a URL that looks like this on your site:
If you setup your list or goal to point to /newpage our system will not trigger the list/goal. The system will be looking for exactly /newpage so it thinks /newpage/ is something different altogether.
To set this up correctly, make sure you set your list or goal to /newpage/
You can also use a wildcard like this: /newpage*
2. How do I track conversions if the purchase happens on a subdomain or alternate domain?
Let’s say your users visit www.yoursite.com to browse your products. They add something to a cart and proceed to the checkout. The payment processing occurs at something like payment.yoursite.com/checkout or www.paymentsite.com/purchase, so how do you track those conversions?
Easy! Just setup the conversion goal to point to the correct path on those pages. Using the example URLs from above, you would set the goal to trigger on:
Our site tracking tag will ignore the subdomain, domain, and .com of the site that it is on, and will only pay attention to what comes after. As long as you have your paths setup correctly, you should have no problem. Make sure our tracking tag is installed on those external pages!
3. I’m using the WordPress plugin on my site. Do I need to install the tracking tag as well?
No sir! The WordPress Plugin will automatically pull your complete tracking tag from our site once you’ve configured the plugin correctly. There is no need to install our tracking tag in addition to using the plugin. Take a look at this video to see how to install the plugin, then watch this one to learn how to test if the tag is working.
4. Is there anyone who visits my site that will NOT be cookied?
There is. We will not be able to cookie these types of users:
- Non-desktop traffic (We only cookie desktop browser visitors)
- Safari users (Safari blocks 3rd party cookies)
- Traffic that is running AdBlock
- Traffic that is blocking cookies
5. I have other 3rd party tracking tags installed on my website. Will they interfere with Perfect Audience’s tag?
Nope! Our tag runs independently. There shouldn’t be any conflicts with our tag and any other tracking tags you might be running. If you run into any problems, please let us know!